The 2 Steves, Steve Barlow and Steve Skidmore, the popular comedy writing duo, will be coming in to give a performance for Years 7 and 8 and run a writing master class on Tuesday 29th April.
For more information about the authors visit the 2 Steves website.
have a display of some of their most popular series, including iHero and
iHorror series, in the Discovery Library for you to browse and borrow!
Tuesday, 22 April 2014
23rd April marks the 450th anniversary of Shakespeare’s birth, with celebrations planned across the country. Shakespeare’s actual birthday is unknown but it is assumed to be this date as his baptism was recorded in the Parish register of Holy Trinity Church on 26th April.
- Born in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, in 1564.
- Married Anne Hathaway in 1582 and had three children.
- By 1592, he was in London working as an actor and a dramatist.
- He wrote at least 37 plays and collaborated on others.
- He retired from the theatre in 1613 and returned to Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Died in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1616 aged 52.
- In his will Shakespeare left his wife the 'second-best bed'.
- Shakespeare's first play was Henry V1. His last play was Henry VIII.
- At the GlobeTheatre people could buy apples to munch while they watched the play.
Tuesday, 1 April 2014
Acclaimed author of the award-winning Bodyguard and Young Samuari series, Chris Bradford visited TRS last May to work with students who are our current Year 8 and 9s. Following this visit, Chris has offered us a special deal on his upcoming book ‘Bodyguard: Ransom’, the sequel to ‘Bodyguard: Hostage’. SIGNED COPIES of the book, due out in May, can be pre-ordered at the special reduced price of £5.00 (RRP £6.99).
If you are interested in this offer you will need to pay by the 1st of May, cheques should be made payable to Chris Bradford and handed into the Library.